Arka Kapı Magazine Issue 3 (English)
- Cyber Security Conferences - Ayşenur Burak
- Cryptology In Industrial Revolution - Bayram Gök
- The 10 Biggest Hacks Of 2018 - Arka Kapi Magazine
- Back To The Old Tech: Offline Communication Networks And Security - Utku Şen
- Waf Bypassing Methods Part 2: Tricks And Indirect Access - Ulaş Firat Özdemir
- Mini Threat Intelligence - Mert Sarica
- Krack (Key Reinstallation Attack) - Ulaş Firat Özdemir
- Daniel Bohannon Interview - Utku Şen
- The Role And Comparison Of Operating Systems In Mass Surveillance (Qubes Os, Tails Os, Subgraph Os) - Furkan Senan
- The Ss7 Protocol And Potential Dangers In Gsm Networks - Murat Şişman
- Aprs: What Is It, What Does It Do And How To Use It - Murat Kaygisiz
- Key Exchange Problem In Public Key Cryptography And Keybase - Recep Kizilarslan
- Oldest Of The Hackers I - Bill Gosper - Cansu Topukçu
- Technical Constraints Of The Blockchain Projects - Mert Susur
Last month on 10 December it was the 70th anniversary of the proclamation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; the purest form of a saga humanity had been breaking its neck to write - from Spartacus to today.
Especially there are such two articles of this declaration that us, Arka Kapi Magazine, have embraced as one of its most significant norms.
The first one is about the privacy of one’s life, as stated in Article 12: “No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Every- one has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.”
These are so important that states should secure this special occasion by mobilizing all legal means.
This is why we have been emphasizing anonymity since the first issue. Our another important red line lies on the opinion and expression freedom - the Article 19: “Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”
Without the freedom of expression, it is needless to say that the freedom of opinion would have no meaning.
Lacking the expression freedom, would we differ in any way from The Thinking Man statue of Rodin? That means that it should be among our main issues that an individual should not only be able to think, but also should be able to express these thoughts without being under pressure, while not being deprived of the right to spread it. Another means of fundamental human rights is the right to internet access (also mentioned as right to broadband or freedom to connect). As humans, we all have the right to access internet and remain private online. In the third issue, we are going to talk about some of the attack that threaten our individuality. You will find articles on the dangers and working principles of various systems and attacks, as well as some offline systems and more.
We aim so that you may predict where the attack may come from to protect yourself- and your rights!
Special thanks to Netsparker Ltd. for sponsoring this issue!